Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Callum

Default how do I insert 4 rows in between each value in a list of data

I have a long list of data in a notebook.txt file.

I want to copy and paste it into excel, but leaving 4 empty rows in between
each value. i.e. a list of 10 values will now be 50 rows long (but with 40
spaces).

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gazeta

Użytkownik "Callum" napisał w wiadomo¶ci
I have a long list of data in a notebook.txt file.

I want to copy and paste it into excel, but leaving 4 empty rows in

between
each value. i.e. a list of 10 values will now be 50 rows long (but with

40
spaces).

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

one way would to write macro but another is to input in additional column
series of numbers ( starting 1 step 4 )
then in next for columns create missing number 2,3,4,5, 6... etc using
simple formula +b2+1 then copy all numbers in one column and sort ascending
mcg

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
John James

Hi Callum,

No answer so I'll have a go.

Answer depends on how long the list is.

If not too long, then select Insert-Rows. Then press the F4 key to
repeat the task as necessary.

To automate it a bit more here's a macro which you can attach to a
shortcut key combination. (Gives one keystroke row each 4 row
insertion)

Sub Insert4Rows()
ActiveCell.Range("A1:A4").Select
Selection.EntireRow.Insert

But if you want a complete solution then post on the excel programming
group

--
John James
John James's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32690