Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SvenM

Default XY-chart with pivottable?

Hello,

I don't need all the fancy tricks of a pivottable/chart, I just use it to
sort my technical data, but sometimes I need to display this data by means of
an XY-chart, why is this not foreseen in Excell? I hope Microsoft really
improves this!

Is there some automated workaround for this?

Or do I really have to program it in VBA?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
robert111

I sometimes need a chart based on the output of a pivot table which of
course grows and shrinks over time as the raw data changes. I set up a
few columns to the right of the pivot table and test if the relevant
cell in each row is empty (then ignore) or contains grand total (then
ignore) otherwise return the value in the cell. Plot chart as normal.
You do get the blank cell from a fomula plotting as zero on the chart
problem though.

--
robert111
robert111's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31996