Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
David T.

Default Date gaps in chart after pivotTable

PROBLEM: Gaps in my chart are not being displayed after running the
pivotTable. (compressing the data together where the gaps should be accross
the DATE on x axis.)

I am running a macro that performs the following and tried stepping through
it:

1. From an excel table with dates in one column, series information in the
next column, and data in 3 other columns. Dates that are not recorded do not
have an entry in the table. There are no blanks. If I chart at this point the
gaps are present along the x axis as I require.

2. Run a pivotTable to massage the data against the series column and date
column to produce a "sheet". (Problem #1: Date format is not kept from the
original "report").

3. Create a chart from the "sheet" for date along X and data values along Y.
(Problem #2: gaps in the date are not displayed).

I have tried many options in "tools" "options" "chart" "interpolated" etc...
I have tried changing the PivotTable options, "for empty cells show: NA()"

Do you have any suggestions to help me get the correct charting so that I
could run in a macro repreatedly?