Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Diane

Default Worksheet opens to new line

When A was a blank column, I would open the worksheet and it would go to the
next available line automatiacally. This was working well with the following:
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Cells(Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row + 1, 1).Select
End Sub

but now I inserted automatic numbering in column A. I tried to substitute
"A" (in the above formula) with "B", which is now the new point of entry when
I open the worksheet, but it does not work.

Can anyone please help? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Cells(Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row + 1, 2).Select
End Sub

or better IMO

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Offset(1,0).Select

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Diane" wrote in message
When A was a blank column, I would open the worksheet and it would go to

the
next available line automatiacally. This was working well with the

following:
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Cells(Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row + 1, 1).Select
End Sub

but now I inserted automatic numbering in column A. I tried to substitute
"A" (in the above formula) with "B", which is now the new point of entry

when
I open the worksheet, but it does not work.

Can anyone please help? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

I would try inserting a new column A, to the left of your numbered column and
narrowing it to only 1 character wide if desired.........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3