Rita Palazzi

Default Phantom Line on Worksheet

Windows XP Professional
Office 2000

I have an Excel worksheet that is set up to actually be a memo. Several
of the cells are the text portion and then there are several graphs. In
the middle of one of the "pages", there is a line that I cannot get rid
of. It is not a drawn line such that it cannot be selected to delete.
It is not a border for any of the cells that it is near. If I delete
entire rows above and below the line, it still remains. How can I get
rid of this line????

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions. This is so frustrating
as I've never seen this issue before!!

Rita Palazzi
Senior Engineer / Global Trade Services
FedEx Express

Rita Palazzi

Nope, It's smack in the middle of the page.

Don Guillett wrote:

Could it be a printarea line?

Rita Palazzi

I finally got rid of it. I had to insert a whole blank page worth of
rows, then copy the surrounding information to the new page, then delete
the page containing the phantom line. What a pain!

If anyone knows what caused it, let me know so I don't do it again.
Thanks!!

Rita Palazzi wrote:

Windows XP Professional
Office 2000

I have an Excel worksheet that is set up to actually be a memo. Several
of the cells are the text portion and then there are several graphs. In
the middle of one of the "pages", there is a line that I cannot get rid
of. It is not a drawn line such that it cannot be selected to delete.
It is not a border for any of the cells that it is near. If I delete
entire rows above and below the line, it still remains. How can I get
rid of this line????

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions. This is so frustrating
as I've never seen this issue before!!

Rita Palazzi
Senior Engineer / Global Trade Services
FedEx Express

Don Guillett

Does it print?

As I recall I had this problem once and it turned out to be an object. Try
enlarging the row and then seeing what is there. If a shape or object,
delete.

If all else fails, redo that page and then delete the old one and rename the
new one.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Rita Palazzi" wrote in message
Nope, It's smack in the middle of the page.

Don Guillett wrote:

Could it be a printarea line?

Eric

Rita,

My guess is that Don was right that it was a drawing object that had been
reduced to a height of zero because the rows beneath it were deleted.
Another way to check for this would be to click on the arrow ("Select
Object") on the Drawing toolbar then draw a 'select' box around the whole
line. This will select it if it is an object and you can then either enlarge
it to see what it is or just delete it.

Eric