Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peter

Default Conditional Formatting

Hello, I am trying to use conditional formatting to change a font from normal
to bold if a cell contains a value other then 0.
The value resides in the "D" column, and the fonts to be changed are in the
"A" and "E" columns. This continues all the way from rows 1-57.

EG:

Item1 | Item2 | Item3 | 1 | 1.2345

Because the 4th cell ("D") now contains a "1", i need the whole lot to
change from normal to bold font on that row, in the range A-E Confused, me
too.

Thanks in advance
Peter
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Carim

Hi,

In A2 and in E2, have conditional formatting
Formula Is =Match(yourvalue,$D2,0)
and format Bold

HTH
Cheers
Carim

--
Carim
Carim's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33259

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peter

Hi Carim, Thanks for the reply, but I just can't seem to get this to work for
some reason.
The number that can be in the D2 cell could be any number, not just a 1 or a
2, so I think "=match" may not work in this case. Though I did try it with
varying numbers and it wouldn't work for me either, so maybe there is an
option in my Excel that is not turned on?
Any other thoughts?

Thanks in advance
Peter

"Carim" wrote:

Hi,

In A2 and in E2, have conditional formatting
Formula Is =Match(yourvalue,$D2,0)
and format Bold

HTH
Cheers
Carim

--
Carim
Carim's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33259
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=531801

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
EdMac

Hi peter,

Example: in the cell A7 select conditional formatting formula is
"=D7<0" (dont include the " marks)
then select format font style bold
Repeat for other cells or copy as required
this will change the font to bold

Ed

--
EdMac
EdMac's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30736

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peter

Thankyou, I found out how to get them both to work.
It seems as though because I was using banding to color each alternating row
it would not work on the colored rows, but would be fine on the plain rows.
The formula used for the banding seemed to be overriding the second condition.
=mod(row(),2)=0
After I removed the banding it works, though I now of course have to
manually add this formula and adapt it to each of about 300 cells, and work
out another way to re-add the banding.

Thanks
Peter =)