Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FGOMEZ

Default Line information pulled out base on date

I have a spread sheet with 4 columns named (Row3)::
Month End, Posted, Accrual, Amount.

Posted & Accrual columns are text and what I am looking for is that when a
date changes in A1 and matches a date under month end, I can get (in
separate cells) the correspondent value for posting Accrual and Amount.
a sample of one of the rows would be:
Month End Posted Accrual Amount
1/27/06 Feb06 25 days Mar06 10 days 25,500.00.

I appreciate your help with this.

fernando
Note: I tried to use index function but it does not work with text.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bryan Hessey

Assuming your headers are in row 3, and your data starts in row 4

in Row 5, column F, (cell F5) put

=IF(A5<A6,SUM(D$4:D5)-SUM(F$4:F4),"")

and formula copy this to the end of your data.

you will need to do F4 if the first row is a month post (which I
thought unlikely)

When the end of month changes, the formula totals the D column to this
point, and removes the totals posted previously.

Hope this helps

--

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=530670