-   -   Line information pulled out base on date (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/81965-line-information-pulled-out-base-date.html)

FGOMEZ

Line information pulled out base on date

I have a spread sheet with 4 columns named (Row3)::
Month End, Posted, Accrual, Amount.

Posted & Accrual columns are text and what I am looking for is that when a
date changes in A1 and matches a date under month end, I can get (in
separate cells) the correspondent value for posting Accrual and Amount.
a sample of one of the rows would be:
Month End Posted Accrual Amount
1/27/06 Feb06 25 days Mar06 10 days 25,500.00.

I appreciate your help with this.

fernando
Note: I tried to use index function but it does not work with text.

Bryan Hessey

Line information pulled out base on date

Assuming your headers are in row 3, and your data starts in row 4

in Row 5, column F, (cell F5) put

=IF(A5<A6,SUM(D$4:D5)-SUM(F$4:F4),"")

and formula copy this to the end of your data.

you will need to do F4 if the first row is a month post (which I
thought unlikely)

When the end of month changes, the formula totals the D column to this
point, and removes the totals posted previously.

Hope this helps

--

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=530670