Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PVE

Default Formatting Cells

I have a document with several different worksheets that are linked. I want
to modify one of the sheets, but no matter what I do, there is one column
that will not allow me to format. I have broken all links, cleared all info,
deleted the column, and when I click on FORMAT CELLS, nothing happens.
--
Thank you very much.
Paula
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kevin B

Could it be that the cells in that column are locked and worksheet protection
is on?

Click TOOLS in the menu, select PROTECTION and if the cascade menu displays
UNPROTECT then the worksheet is protected, select UNPROTECT. At that point
you may be asked to provide a password if a password has been assigned, if
not, you should be able to format the cells.
--
Kevin Backmann