Sam

Default How to copy "edge" formatting to other cells.

Hello

I spent a long time formatting the edges of the cells in my document,
now the document looks like a table that I would like to use a template.

a) Is there a way to copy only this formatting [not the values in the
cells] and paste it to other cells? [i.e., create new templates]

b) Is there a way to paste values INTO a blank template [that has the
correct formatting of the edges of all of the cells, but no values in the
cells], keep the formatting of the edges of the cells?

Thanks you!
Mangus Pyke

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 16:45:06 -0700, Sam wrote:
I spent a long time formatting the edges of the cells in my document,
now the document looks like a table that I would like to use a template.

It's a pain, ain't it?

a) Is there a way to copy only this formatting [not the values in the
cells] and paste it to other cells? [i.e., create new templates]

Copy the table, select the cell where you'd like the formatting to be
copied to, and then click Edit -- Paste Special, select Format and
click OK

b) Is there a way to paste values INTO a blank template [that has the
correct formatting of the edges of all of the cells, but no values in the
cells], keep the formatting of the edges of the cells?

Copy the table, select the cell where you'd like the formatting to be
copied to, and then click Edit -- Paste Special, select Values and
click OK

MP-
--
"Learning is a behavior that results from consequences."
B.F. Skinner
Earl Kiosterud

Be aware that Paste special - Values will not paste formulas. You get the
current result, not the formula.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com