Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
lasca

Default Using info on multiple Sheets

I am doing a bill of Materials. Parent item1 consist of various components
each with a bill of material of there own. One ore more of the child parts
are used by one or more other Parent Parts. I an linking the various parent
parts the the relavent child by means of named ranges to bring the cost of
the child in to the parents bill Ie =sum(namedrange). This is working well.
My problem is that when I print the bill of material i need to have the
parent and the childs bill all on the printout. Without having to duplicate
the bill on the parent item2 how do I link it to a parent when i make a Print
of the bill of material?

It does not help to do copy and paste link - for various reasons.

Is there anybody out there that can help me with any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
robert111

A----------B----------C----------D-----------E----------F
1 CHILD1-----CHILD2----CHILD3
CHILD4-----CHILD5
2------PARENT1------YES--------YES-------YES---------NO--------NO
3------PARENT2-------NO--------NO--------YES---------NO--------NO
4
5 CHILD1-----ITEM-------COST
6 ------------BRICKS------$100

name cell A5 (contains CHILD1) "refchild1"

then to produce the bill of costs for parent1

PARENT1.....=if(b2=1,offset(refchild1,1,1),"") [returns "bricks"]
.................=if(b2=1,offsetrefchild1,1,2),"") [returns
"$100"]

this may give you some starting ideas...

--
robert111
robert111's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31996