Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
narkiparki

Default DELETE OBSOLETE INFORMATION FROM PIVOT TABLE

I have a pivot table for my wages file. when an employee leaves i would
like to remove them completely from the field as it can get quite full
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kevin B

Delete the employee from the data source and then refresh your pivot table.

To refresh the pivot table, move the cell pointer to a cell in the pivot
table, right click on any tool bar and select the PIVOT TABLE tool bar, and
click the button with the exclamation point on it to refresh the pivot.
--
Kevin Backmann

"narkiparki" wrote:

I have a pivot table for my wages file. when an employee leaves i would
like to remove them completely from the field as it can get quite full

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
narkiparki

Many thanks for quick reply, if it were only that easy. have tried that
before and it doesn't work. even making a new copy of the file and deleting
all employee info from it, they still remain in the field!
claire

"narkiparki" wrote:

I have a pivot table for my wages file. when an employee leaves i would
like to remove them completely from the field as it can get quite full

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kevin B

You need to delete the entire row from the table, not just the data
pertaining to an employee. Leaving a blank row in the table will generate a
blank row in your pivot table.
--
Kevin Backmann

"narkiparki" wrote:

I have a pivot table for my wages file. when an employee leaves i would
like to remove them completely from the field as it can get quite full

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish

There are instructions here for removing old items from a pivot table:

narkiparki wrote:
I have a pivot table for my wages file. when an employee leaves i would
like to remove them completely from the field as it can get quite full

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html