Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
lara5555

Default Formula with dates

Hi,

I'm trying to get column B (dates) to be a copy of column A (same dates
but 1 month behind) and need to get the formula to ignore coloured cells
(weekends).. any ideas?

--
lara5555
lara5555's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2741

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
robert111

List all weekend dates for the next 5 years in a lookup table, then test
dates for "is this a weekend date, if so ignore it otherwise use it"

--
robert111
robert111's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31996

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ardus Petus

In B1, enter:
=IF(OR(WEEKDAY(A1)=1,WEEKDAY(A1)=6,"",DATE(YEAR(A1 ),MONTH(A1)+1,DAY(A1)))
then copy down

HTH
--
AP

"lara5555" a écrit
dans le message de

I'm trying to get column B (dates) to be a copy of column A (same dates
but 1 month behind) and need to get the formula to ignore coloured cells
(weekends).. any ideas?

--
lara5555
lara5555's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=529519

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

Friday is a weekend in France Ardus? I always knew you were civilized <bg

alternative

=IF(WEEKDAY(A1,2)5,"",DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,D AY(A1)))

Lara,

What happens when the calculated date is a weekend?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Ardus Petus" wrote in message
In B1, enter:
=IF(OR(WEEKDAY(A1)=1,WEEKDAY(A1)=6,"",DATE(YEAR(A1 ),MONTH(A1)+1,DAY(A1)))
then copy down

HTH
--
AP

"lara5555" a écrit
dans le message de

I'm trying to get column B (dates) to be a copy of column A (same dates
but 1 month behind) and need to get the formula to ignore coloured cells
(weekends).. any ideas?

--
lara5555
lara5555's Profile:

View this thread:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
lara5555

Hi Bob,

Week started with a Monday and Tues to Sat have appeared as #NAME?

Bob Phillips Wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

Really? What dates are you using, and are they real dates? I don't see that
behaviour in my spreadsheet.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips