Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jim

Default list formula for dates

Hello,

In cell B1 I have a list of all months of the year. In the A column I would
like to have the days of the month show depending on which month is picked.
For example in the first chart I have January selected from the list. All
the months of January are showing. In the second chart, February is showing
in the list. In the A column all the months of February show.

What formula can I use that would change these dates depending on what month
is selected from the list in B1?

In addition, in the months where there are short days would someone provide
a formula that shows a blank cell?

Thanks

January (list of all months)
1/1/2006
1/2/2006
1/3/2006
1/4/2006
1/5/2006
1/6/2006
1/7/2006
1/8/2006
1/9/2006
1/10/2006
1/11/2006
1/12/2006
1/13/2006
1/14/2006
1/15/2006
1/16/2006
1/17/2006
1/18/2006
1/19/2006
1/20/2006
1/21/2006
1/22/2006
1/23/2006
1/24/2006
1/25/2006
1/26/2006
1/27/2006
1/28/2006
1/29/2006
1/30/2006
1/31/2006

February (list of all months)
2/1/2006
2/2/2006
2/3/2006
2/4/2006
2/5/2006
2/6/2006
2/7/2006
2/8/2006
2/9/2006
2/10/2006
2/11/2006
2/12/2006
2/13/2006
2/14/2006
2/15/2006
2/16/2006
2/17/2006
2/18/2006
2/19/2006
2/20/2006
2/21/2006
2/22/2006
2/23/2006
2/24/2006
2/25/2006
2/26/2006
2/27/2006
2/28/2006

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Coderre

Try this:
A1: =DATEVALUE(B1&" 1")

A2:=IF(MAX(A$1:A1)=EOMONTH($A$1,0),"",A1+1)
Copy that formula down through A31

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"Jim" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Coderre

Did you get an error? a wrong value?

What value is in Col_B? Is it the word "January" or "February" or is it a
date value?

If you received the #NAME? error, then:
ToolsAdd InsCheck: Analysis Toolpak

Regards,