Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mita

Default macros Vs templates

I would like to know in which situation should we go for macros and when to
use templates
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Mita

The two are not mutually exclusive so an either/or case cannot be made.

A macro(from David McRitchie's site) is a stored series of commands and
functions that can be run to perform a specific task or tasks. In Excel a macro
could be a complete program. Macros may be run from a toolbar button, or menu,
from a shape in the workbook, or from another macro.

See David's "getting started" pages.

See Excel Help for description of a Template, which is nothing more than an
Excel workbook customized to your taste to do specific tasks and functions.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP