Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Default macros Vs templates

Mita

The two are not mutually exclusive so an either/or case cannot be made.

A macro(from David McRitchie's site) is a stored series of commands and
functions that can be run to perform a specific task or tasks. In Excel a macro
could be a complete program. Macros may be run from a toolbar button, or menu,
from a shape in the workbook, or from another macro.

See David's "getting started" pages.

See Excel Help for description of a Template, which is nothing more than an
Excel workbook customized to your taste to do specific tasks and functions.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 3 Apr 2006 20:48:02 -0700, mita wrote:

I would like to know in which situation should we go for macros and when to
use templates