Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JHersko

Default Row height not expanding w/ word wrap

The words are wrapping in a cell, but only the last line of text is visible
b/c the row height didn't change when the words wrapped. How do I fix this?
I can manually fix all the rows, but I want data input to work going forward
as well and don't want to do manual maintenance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David McRitchie

That is a known problem, you can use a macro to help you
AutoFit rows of merged cells, Jim Rech, programming, 2002-03-26.
http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...%40tkmsftngp05
---
HTH,

"JHersko" wrote in message ...
The words are wrapping in a cell, but only the last line of text is visible
b/c the row height didn't change when the words wrapped. How do I fix this?
I can manually fix all the rows, but I want data input to work going forward
as well and don't want to do manual maintenance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sloth

are you typing in merged cells? the autofit does not apply to merged cells.
If you are merging cell try unmerging them and using "center across
selection" instead. This can be found by clicking Format-Cells-Alignment
and under horizontal alignment there should be a selection "center across
selection".

if they are not merged, then are you typing a large amount of text in one
cell?