Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
donmortin

Default Can I use F4 in Excel 2K to continuously repeat a paste command?

I have a user who claims she used to be able to copy from one cell, then
paste to another cell, then in each subsequent cell she could just hit the F4
key to keep pasting the same info into other cells. For some reason she
doesn't want to use the Ctrl+V feature.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kevin B

By default the F4 key cycles you through the 4 different type of cell
references; Absolute, Relative, Absolute Column-Relative Row and Relative
Column-Absolute Row. Without some kind of 3rd party utility or someone
writing code to remap the keyboard, I don't know of any other way to modify
the F4 assignment.
--
Kevin Backmann

"donmortin" wrote:

I have a user who claims she used to be able to copy from one cell, then
paste to another cell, then in each subsequent cell she could just hit the F4
key to keep pasting the same info into other cells. For some reason she
doesn't want to use the Ctrl+V feature.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

Actually F4 is repeat previous action as well, it will only work as you
describe with formulas.
Put 1 in A1:10, select A1, press delete, select A2 and press F4. It's very
handy at times but also very dangerous if you don't pay attention

Peo Sjoblom

http://nwexcelsolutions.com

"donmortin" wrote:

I have a user who claims she used to be able to copy from one cell, then
paste to another cell, then in each subsequent cell she could just hit
the F4
key to keep pasting the same info into other cells. For some reason she
doesn't want to use the Ctrl+V feature.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

F4 repeats previous action so it's not the same as Ctrl + V

Peo Sjoblom

http://nwexcelsolutions.com

"donmortin" wrote in message
I have a user who claims she used to be able to copy from one cell, then
paste to another cell, then in each subsequent cell she could just hit the
F4
key to keep pasting the same info into other cells. For some reason she
doesn't want to use the Ctrl+V feature.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
saziz

F4 just re-do the last action performed by the user. She could be right
if her last action was PASTE she can keep using last action as PASTE
(same thing) in different cells.
SA

--
saziz