Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

Default Can I use F4 in Excel 2K to continuously repeat a paste command?

"is repeating"

Peo

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote in message
Actually F4 is repeat previous action as well, it will only work as you
describe with formulas.
Put 1 in A1:10, select A1, press delete, select A2 and press F4. It's very
handy at times but also very dangerous if you don't pay attention

Peo Sjoblom

http://nwexcelsolutions.com

"Kevin B" wrote in message
By default the F4 key cycles you through the 4 different type of cell
references; Absolute, Relative, Absolute Column-Relative Row and Relative
Column-Absolute Row. Without some kind of 3rd party utility or someone
writing code to remap the keyboard, I don't know of any other way to
modify
the F4 assignment.
--
Kevin Backmann

"donmortin" wrote:

I have a user who claims she used to be able to copy from one cell, then
paste to another cell, then in each subsequent cell she could just hit
the F4
key to keep pasting the same info into other cells. For some reason she
doesn't want to use the Ctrl+V feature.