Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dawn

Default Drop Down Lists

Hi

I have a drop down list which I would like to make it easier to use. How do
I get the cell which I choose an item from a dropdown list to let me put the
first letter of the word and it automatically jump down to that word?

Thanks

DAWN
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Dawn

See Debra Dalgleish's site for instructions on adding a Combo-Box to a Data
Validation list.

The Combo-Box will allow auto-complete, which a DV list alone does not.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 2 Apr 2006 13:15:02 -0700, Dawn wrote:

Hi

I have a drop down list which I would like to make it easier to use. How do
I get the cell which I choose an item from a dropdown list to let me put the
first letter of the word and it automatically jump down to that word?

Thanks

DAWN

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
L. Howard Kittle

Hi Dawn,

Sort your list and add a single letter at the beginning of each list change,
A at the top of the A list, B at the top of the B list, etc.

Now type in a letter and WITHOUT hitting Enter, click on the drop down
arrow. Should be at the top of that list. (You can hit enter but then you
have to reselect the cell for the arrow to appear)

HTH
Regards,
Howard