Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
L. Howard Kittle

Default Drop Down Lists

Hi Dawn,

Sort your list and add a single letter at the beginning of each list change,
A at the top of the A list, B at the top of the B list, etc.

Now type in a letter and WITHOUT hitting Enter, click on the drop down
arrow. Should be at the top of that list. (You can hit enter but then you
have to reselect the cell for the arrow to appear)

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"Dawn" wrote in message
Hi

I have a drop down list which I would like to make it easier to use. How
do
I get the cell which I choose an item from a dropdown list to let me put
the
first letter of the word and it automatically jump down to that word?

Thanks

DAWN