Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
gregory.barrett

Default Data Storage

Is there a way to have Excel automatically change the cell value from
being a function the just being the value of the function? For example

From:
cell value= 1+2 :DISPLAY: 3

To:
cell value= 3 :DISPLAY: 3

Or someway to store that data in another cell would be nice too. I know
that you can copy the value of a function to another cell, but I want it
to automatically do this that way I can write a program that will
prepare itself for the next month overnight without any employees
having to format the data, and rewrite it.

~Greg

--
gregory.barrett
gregory.barrett's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32421

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David McRitchie

Hi Greg,

You can do this without a macro by copying the cells in a selection (Ctrl+C)
then without changing the selection Edit, Paste Special, values.

You could do the same with a macro. See ReEnterAsValues in
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/join.htm
---
HTH,

"gregory.barrett" <gregory.barrett.25g4jz_1143660601.6203@excelfor um-nospam.com wrote in message
news:gregory.barrett.25g4jz_1143660601.6203@excelf orum-nospam.com...

Is there a way to have Excel automatically change the cell value from
being a function the just being the value of the function? For example

From:
cell value= 1+2 :DISPLAY: 3

To:
cell value= 3 :DISPLAY: 3

Or someway to store that data in another cell would be nice too. I know
that you can copy the value of a function to another cell, but I want it
to automatically do this that way I can write a program that will
prepare itself for the next month overnight without any employees
having to format the data, and rewrite it.

~Greg

--
gregory.barrett
gregory.barrett's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32421
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=527763

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
gregory.barrett

I'm not to sure you understand what I'm trying to say. Although the 1st
link you gave me does help a bit. I don't want to do any of this
manually, it needs to be fully automatic.

--
gregory.barrett
gregory.barrett's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32421
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=527763

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

You have to write the code manually first to automate it, there is nothing
built in that will do this. If you look at the link there are instructions
for VBA there

Peo Sjoblom

http://nwexcelsolutions.com

"gregory.barrett"