Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David McRitchie

Default Data Storage

Hi Greg,

You can do this without a macro by copying the cells in a selection (Ctrl+C)
then without changing the selection Edit, Paste Special, values.

You could do the same with a macro. See ReEnterAsValues in
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/join.htm
---
HTH,

"gregory.barrett" <gregory.barrett.25g4jz_1143660601.6203@excelfor um-nospam.com wrote in message
news:gregory.barrett.25g4jz_1143660601.6203@excelf orum-nospam.com...

Is there a way to have Excel automatically change the cell value from
being a function the just being the value of the function? For example

From:
cell value= 1+2 :DISPLAY: 3

To:
cell value= 3 :DISPLAY: 3

Or someway to store that data in another cell would be nice too. I know
that you can copy the value of a function to another cell, but I want it
to automatically do this that way I can write a program that will
prepare itself for the next month overnight without any employees
having to format the data, and rewrite it.

~Greg

--
gregory.barrett
gregory.barrett's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32421