Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Spiller

Default Working out the date

Somebody please help me as this is driving me insane!
What i would like excel to do is automatically input the date that is 6
weeks after the date i input!
For example, in column 1 i put the date 01/01/2006, in column 2 i would like
the date 6 weeks after that to automatically appear, which would be 12/02/2006

Is this type of thing possible to do on excel? And if it it will the
computer undertsand weeks or will it have to be in days (so 6 weeks would be
42 days).

I hope someone can shed some light on this for me. If you need any further
clairification then please ask.

Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete_UK

If you put your date in A1, enter this formula in B1:

=IF(A1="","",A1+42)

Format this cell as a date in the way you wish and copy down the column
- if you haven't entered a date in column A then the column B will be
blank.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
OZDOC1050

you could try
1/01/2006 12/02/2006

both cells formatted to date, date typed into first cell , formula in second
cell =
=A1+42
and your done.

--
(][ THIS EMAIL HAS BEEN SCANNED BY NORTON ANTIVIRUS ][)
"Spiller" wrote in message
Somebody please help me as this is driving me insane!
What i would like excel to do is automatically input the date that is 6
weeks after the date i input!
For example, in column 1 i put the date 01/01/2006, in column 2 i would
like
the date 6 weeks after that to automatically appear, which would be
12/02/2006

Is this type of thing possible to do on excel? And if it it will the
computer undertsand weeks or will it have to be in days (so 6 weeks would
be
42 days).

I hope someone can shed some light on this for me. If you need any further
clairification then please ask.

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete_UK

Thanks for the feedback. Glad to hear you are feeling better!

Pete