Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Natalie 1229

Default Data values WON'T DELETE in PivotTable drop-downs

Sometimes, when I create a PivotTable, and I delete certain row values
in the raw data, I can't get rid of the data values in the drop down
menu of the field. Logically, deleting the raw data should eliminate
that value as a choice for the data values (when you're selecting from
the field drop down menu which rows to show), but the data value still
remains in the fields' drop-down menu. How can I delete it?

--
Natalie 1229
Natalie 1229's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32793

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ken Wright

Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"Natalie 1229"
wrote in message
news:Natalie.1229.256qlb_1143222604.7231@excelforu m-nospam.com...

Sometimes, when I create a PivotTable, and I delete certain row values
in the raw data, I can't get rid of the data values in the drop down
menu of the field. Logically, deleting the raw data should eliminate
that value as a choice for the data values (when you're selecting from
the field drop down menu which rows to show), but the data value still
remains in the fields' drop-down menu. How can I delete it?

--
Natalie 1229
Natalie 1229's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=526176

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Natalie 1229

You are marvelous! I can't tell you how grateful I am for your
willingness to share your PivotTable acumen. How did you become so
astute? Is that book highly recommended (by you)?

--
Natalie 1229
Natalie 1229's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32793
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=526176

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ken Wright

Debra is pretty much the Queen of the pivot table, and if there was a Pivot
table question she couldn't answer, then I'd be tempted to think it couldn't
be done. :-)

Regards

news:Natalie.1229.25cgdn_1143489302.0616@excelforu m-nospam.com...