Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dana

Default adding a formula including the value another formula gets

I am trying to make a formula in one cell for example H22 but that
formula includes the value from G22 but G22 already has a formula in
it. I need to tell H22 if G22 is<=0 make H22 blank. If not then add
G22 and H21 together. Any help on this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

Try this in H22:
=IF(G22<=0,"",G22+H21)

Andy.

"Dana" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am trying to make a formula in one cell for example H22 but that
formula includes the value from G22 but G22 already has a formula in
it. I need to tell H22 if G22 is<=0 make H22 blank. If not then add
G22 and H21 together. Any help on this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dana

I get a #Value instead of a blank because the whole G column has a
formula already in it to get its value. This populates daily and if
the day is tommorow then the next "G" stays blank but the H column is
still trying to populate. I hope I am explaining this
right...Sorry....Thanks for any more help you can give me.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

That could be because you are asking Excel if G22<=0, but G22 is text. Is
that a possibility?

Andy.

"Dana" wrote in message
oups.com...
I get a #Value instead of a blank because the whole G column has a
formula already in it to get its value. This populates daily and if
the day is tommorow then the next "G" stays blank but the H column is
still trying to populate. I hope I am explaining this
right...Sorry....Thanks for any more help you can give me.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dana

G22 ends up a value from other values on other sheets.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

So if you type =ISNUMBER(G22) in a cell what do you get? If you get a TRUE,
I'll have to look elsewhere, but I bet you get a FALSE!!

Andy.

"Dana" wrote in message
ups.com...
G22 ends up a value from other values on other sheets.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Toppers

Try:

=IF(OR(LEN(G22)=0,G22<=0),"",G22+H21)