Tony

Default Adding a formula to a pivot table

Hi,

I have constructed a pivot table that summarises data from
11,000 rows. It works well enough but I have been asked
to produce totals of certain data. There are 28 Companies
in my 'Data' table, which contain applications for
projects. Applications occur more than once but always
belong to the same company.

I can produce a pivot table to show applications by
Company but how do I produce a pivot to count how many
times a unique application occurs by Company. The best
that I could achieve was to add a formula in the top
row '=COUNTIF(B2:B10000,"*")', filter the company in the
page field to produce total unique applications by
company.

Can I add a formula to my pivot table to automate this
process. It would be very handy and would save me loads
of work.

Regards

Tony