Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
YorS

Default Some can not open XLS file

OK a bit strange to me.
I have a spread sheet created in Excel 2000 (9.06926 SP-3) then emailed to
various others. Some can not open it, they get a blank Excel window (no
spread sheet shown). Yet Excel wants to save changes when you exit?
Others have no problem.
Does not seem to be version. As some with older Excel (97 SR1) can open it
and some with Newer Excel (10.6501.6735 SP-1) or even the same Excel
(9.0.6926 SP-3) can not.
Also when those that can not open go to the actual location (network share)
they still do not open. Also when saved in an older format (Excel 5 or 4)
those who can not open still can not open.

Anyone got any ideas as to what I am looking for?
--
Thanks for your Time.
Remove the kNOT to reply.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

It sounds like it's opening off the visible screen.

I'd tell them to try:
window|arrange|tiled
and have them resize it manually.

(My bet is some work on a laptop and some work on a desktop with different
display settings???)