Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
kurg99

Default How do I get Excel to do a tally mark total?

I would like to have Excel setup so I can enter a number into F3 that would
be added
to a total in B3...then have the number that was enetered in F3 deleted,
thus leaving
F3 blank and ready for a new entry.

Is this possible and how do I set it up?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

Have a look he
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/accumulator.html
but make sure you read about his reservations - that there is no history of
what has been entered.

Hope this helps.
Andy.

"kurg99" wrote in message
I would like to have Excel setup so I can enter a number into F3 that would
be added
to a total in B3...then have the number that was enetered in F3 deleted,
thus leaving
F3 blank and ready for a new entry.

Is this possible and how do I set it up?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tom Ogilvy

Right click on the Sheet Tab and select View Code. Paste in this code in the
resulting module.

if Target.Address = "$F$3" then
if not isempty(Target) then
range("B3").Value = Range("B3").Value + Range("F3").Value
Range("F3").Clearcontents
end if
End if

Tom Ogilvy