Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
anamcara

Default Can excel total up the same cell reference across several workshee

I have 15 worksheets with budgets on them. They are all set out the same. I
want to total up the total budget from each sheet in cell ref G19 into a
grand total on a summary sheet.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ScottO

The syntax goes like this:
=SUM('Sheet 1:Sheet 15'!G19)
This will sum up all the G19 cells on each worksheet tab between
Sheet 1 to Sheet 15 inclusive.
Rgds,
ScottO

"anamcara" wrote in message
| I have 15 worksheets with budgets on them. They are all set out
the same. I
| want to total up the total budget from each sheet in cell ref G19
into a
| grand total on a summary sheet.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Coderre

Here are 2 ways:

METHOD 1
Put the Summary sheet either before or after the 15 other sheets.

In cell A2 of the Summary sheet:
Type =SUM(
Then switch to the first sheet and click on Cell A2
Hold down the [Shift] key and switch to the 15th sheet
Finally, type ) then press [Enter]

If your sheets are named Sheet1 thru Sheet15 then the formula will look like
this on the Summary sheet:
A2: =SUM(Sheet1:Sheet15!A2)

METHOD 2
The second way, most recently referred to by Dave Peterson (I think)
is to put a sheet named START in front of the 15 sheets and a sheet named
FINISH as the last sheet.

Put the Summary sheet in front of all of the other sheets.

Then, on the Summary sheet use the same method as above, except the formula
will be: =SUM(START:FINISH!A2)
The neat part about this method is that if you move one of the 15 sheets
outside of the START/FINISH sequence....it won't be counted.
AND...any sheet you move in between the START/FINISH sequence will be
included in the total.

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

"anamcara" wrote:

I have 15 worksheets with budgets on them. They are all set out the same. I
want to total up the total budget from each sheet in cell ref G19 into a
grand total on a summary sheet.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
anamcara

Default Can excel total up the same cell reference across several work

Thanks Ron - that is so easy! I am the manager of a small service supporting
people with a disability and your advice will really help my work. I am so
happy that I am posting the second part of my dilemma now. Thanks again

Amanda