Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Wibs

Default Excel Forms: The basics please

Hi,

Would some kind soul help me get going with Excel forms.

I have a spreadsheet with some complex mathematical formula on it that
computes various parameters for the space industry. The user types in
two or more variables into certain cells, and the results of the
computation appear the highlighted and labelled cells.

What I want to do is to clean all this up by presenting users with a
data-entry form. They type in the variables they want, press the
Compute button, and the answer appears in a Result box.

To get me going I would like to start at the beginning.

Imagine cell A1 is the first variable (numeric), and B1 the second
variable (numeric). C1 is simply the product of A1 and B1.

The form would have three boxes on it, one to enter the first variable,
the second box to enter the second variable, a dimmed third box for the
result, and a Compute button, which when pressed would undim the third
box and show the product of the two numbers entered.

Eventually I would like to send the form to others in the company as an
Add-In.

All suggestions gratefully received.

Regards

Jenny

--
Wibs
Wibs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28922

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
davesexcel

http://spreadsheets.about.com/od/exc...xuserform1.htm

Hi Jenny, check out this spot to begin to learn UserForms

--
davesexcel
davesexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31708

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Wibs

davesexcel Wrote:
http://spreadsheets.about.com/od/exc...xuserform1.htm

Hi Jenny, check out this spot to begin to learn UserForms

Thanks for that. I did look at a few 'getting started with forms and
VBA' sites before I asked for help, including the site you pointed me
to.

The problem is that all these sites show you how to create a form for
entering data, which then gets added to a Sheet, and nothing more, such
as setting up a Contacts List. None of them show you how to use a form
to add data (variables) to a Sheet, perform a calculation on that data,
then display the result back on the form.

But many thanks anyway.

Regards

Jenny