Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
marsulein

Default Macro security

Dear Office Users,

I am using Excel 2003 (with SP2) and have my macro security setting
sets to Medium. Everytime it detects a presence of macro, Excel will
prompt me whether to Enable or Disable it.

Originally I have a file with macro in it. After working for sometimes
I decided to delete away the macro. However, when I open up that file
Excel still prompts me whether to enable the macro or not while there
isn't any macro anymore.

Is this a known bugs or did I miss out something during the process?

Regards,
Mar

--
marsulein
marsulein's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16064

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Otto Moehrbach

Excel is seeing the module in which you deleted the macro. The presence of
the module is enough to trigger the macro query. Go into the VBE (where the
macros reside.) Select the module. Click on File - Remove ModuleX. Click
on No when prompted to export the module. Repeat this for every module that
is there. Save the file. Close the file. Open the file and see if the
query is still there. HTH Otto
"marsulein" wrote in
message ...