Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ET

Default adding up yes, no, n/a responses

I am doing a mini survey of 8 questions to approximately 400 people. Some
cells I have formatted as only # responses and at the end I have a total for
those. I have 3 questions that I have added a drop down list of possible
add up the yes / no and n/a responses for each of the 3 questions. Maybe I
should not be using a drop down list for the possible responses? How do I
get it to add these up for me? (I can change the drop down to anything
else--but the responses need to be yes / no or n/a).

Thanks in advance for any help!! (I am using Excel 2002)

Elissa

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

=COUNTIF(A:A,"yes")

etc.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"ET" wrote in message
.. .
I am doing a mini survey of 8 questions to approximately 400 people. Some
cells I have formatted as only # responses and at the end I have a total

for
those. I have 3 questions that I have added a drop down list of possible

possible)
add up the yes / no and n/a responses for each of the 3 questions. Maybe

should not be using a drop down list for the possible responses? How do I
get it to add these up for me? (I can change the drop down to anything
else--but the responses need to be yes / no or n/a).

Thanks in advance for any help!! (I am using Excel 2002)

Elissa

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ET

Thanks so much--I knew it would be something real simple!!

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
=COUNTIF(A:A,"yes")

etc.

--