Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
peacepuppy

Default All Numbers entered divided by 100,000,000,000!

My husband, just called me from work because I'm supposed to be a big
Excel guru, or at least all the engineers who work with him think so,
but this one has me floored!

He was in the middle of a spreadsheet he uses everyday and entered a
number. 0 showed up, so he looked at the value, and the number had been
divided by 100,000,000,000! After that, each number he entered did the
same thing. It's even happening in other spreadsheets.

Any ideas?

--
peacepuppy
peacepuppy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32130

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sloth

Tools-Options-Edit Tab
Unselect "Fixed Decimal"

Sounds like a mean prank. :)

"peacepuppy" wrote:

My husband, just called me from work because I'm supposed to be a big
Excel guru, or at least all the engineers who work with him think so,
but this one has me floored!

He was in the middle of a spreadsheet he uses everyday and entered a
number. 0 showed up, so he looked at the value, and the number had been
divided by 100,000,000,000! After that, each number he entered did the
same thing. It's even happening in other spreadsheets.

Any ideas?

--
peacepuppy
peacepuppy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32130
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=518846

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

Check the Tools Optons EditTab and uncheck TixedDecimals

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"peacepuppy" wrote:

My husband, just called me from work because I'm supposed to be a big
Excel guru, or at least all the engineers who work with him think so,
but this one has me floored!

He was in the middle of a spreadsheet he uses everyday and entered a
number. 0 showed up, so he looked at the value, and the number had been
divided by 100,000,000,000! After that, each number he entered did the
same thing. It's even happening in other spreadsheets.

Any ideas?

--
peacepuppy
peacepuppy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32130
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=518846

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
johney

Look to ToolsOptionsEdit tab and uncheck the "Fixed decimal" check
box. (It's probably on and there is the number 12 in the input box.
Dropping it to 0 may be a good idea as a precaution for the future.)

This is the setting that people use when they want to enter cents, for
example. Set the fixed decimal to 2, and when they enter 1234, it
appears as 12.34 in the cell.