Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pomalley

Default Get data if cell within a row meets criteria

My master spreadsheet contains several thousand rows and I would like to use
2 criteria from each row that if met will give me the respecitive cells for
that record. I'd like the query to run in a continuous loop until it reaches
the last row of the spreadsheet. The spreadsheet will only grow as time goes
on. The 2 criteria I'm thinking of using are if the record has been tagged
for a particular report and is within the respective reporting month. I've
been experimenting with search and vlookup functions but have not gotten the
outcome I want.

GTO is the report criteria - column A
event date - column b, if the event occurred in Jan 06 for example

If the above is met, I want to get the data in columns c through f for that
particular record.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bakes1

In a separate column to the right, I would write a flagging formula such
as:

=IF(AND(A1="GTO",TEXT(B1,"mmm")="Feb"),"Y","N")

Then you can use filter buttons at the top to filter for the Y's. My
formula assumes that you are looking for all February entries and
column B is formated as a date.

--
bakes1
bakes1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31965

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pomalley

Thanks for the response. I was hopeful I could forego filtering as the
master spreadsheet gets refreshed every day, so any additions I make to it
are removed when its refreshed. I really want this to be a continuous loop
to read the records and give me particular fields for the rows which meet the
criteria. Eventually, I'm needing to concatenate the fields so the output
can be put in a text form for a client report. I'm trying to move away from
having to copy/paste these fields each time as there are now too many and
changes occur too often. If you need more info or if I'm not being clearn,
please let me know. Thanks again. The search is on.