Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
sparx

Default Worksheet Problem

Im trying to use the indirect command to bring together some cells that
represent a worksheet in my workbook. One worksheet is called MLG1 and
another worksheet is called MLG-1. When I use the indirect command
another worksheet called " Results " and use the formula
=INDIRECT(AU2&AV2) where AU2 = MLG1 and AV2 = !F11 I receive what is
entered in MLG1-F11 where if I change cell AU2 in the Results worksheet
for MLG-1 I receive the #Ref! error - why cant it see the " - " or
spaces in the worksheet name!?

--
sparx
sparx's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16787

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
R..VENKATARAMAN

Try
=indirect("au2")&indirect("av2")

"sparx" wrote in
message ...

Im trying to use the indirect command to bring together some cells that
represent a worksheet in my workbook. One worksheet is called MLG1 and
another worksheet is called MLG-1. When I use the indirect command
another worksheet called " Results " and use the formula
=INDIRECT(AU2&AV2) where AU2 = MLG1 and AV2 = !F11 I receive what is
entered in MLG1-F11 where if I change cell AU2 in the Results worksheet
for MLG-1 I receive the #Ref! error - why cant it see the " - " or
spaces in the worksheet name!?

--
sparx
sparx's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=517260

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ardus Petus

You have to type ''MLG-1' (single quote + single quote + MLG-1 + single
quote) into AU2

HTH
--
AP

"sparx" a écrit dans le
message de ...

Im trying to use the indirect command to bring together some cells that
represent a worksheet in my workbook. One worksheet is called MLG1 and
another worksheet is called MLG-1. When I use the indirect command
another worksheet called " Results " and use the formula
=INDIRECT(AU2&AV2) where AU2 = MLG1 and AV2 = !F11 I receive what is
entered in MLG1-F11 where if I change cell AU2 in the Results worksheet
for MLG-1 I receive the #Ref! error - why cant it see the " - " or
spaces in the worksheet name!?

--
sparx
sparx's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=517260

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
sparx

It worked - thanks

--
sparx
sparx's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16787
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=517260

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

There may be some unseen typographical difference between your filename MLG-1
and the entry in your AU2 cell............use the Cell View add in available
free from Chip Pearson (www.cpearson.com) to check AU2 to see if there are
any additional "spaces".......

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3