Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Laurence Lombard

Default Removing range names.

I have created a number of formulas that refer to named cells instead of the
cell references. I used the facility Insert/names/apply. I now want to
reverse this Apply process (automatically)- in other words use the cell
references instead of the names. How do I do this.

The problem is I want to copy the formulas for example
If A1 is named LENGTH and B1 contains the formula =5*LENGTH I want to change
it back to =5*A1 so that I can copy B1 to B1:B10 so that B2 would have the
formula =5*A2 and not =5*LENGTH (which refers to A1).

I am having difficulty explaining myself. I hope somebody can follow.
Laurence

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

You probably need to delete the names. Get hold of a copy of NameManager,
http://www.jkp-ads.com/OfficeMarketPlaceNM-EN.asp , I don't know that it
will solve this, but it makes working with names a lot simpler.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Laurence Lombard" wrote in message
I have created a number of formulas that refer to named cells instead of

the
cell references. I used the facility Insert/names/apply. I now want to
reverse this Apply process (automatically)- in other words use the cell
references instead of the names. How do I do this.

The problem is I want to copy the formulas for example
If A1 is named LENGTH and B1 contains the formula =5*LENGTH I want to

change
it back to =5*A1 so that I can copy B1 to B1:B10 so that B2 would have the
formula =5*A2 and not =5*LENGTH (which refers to A1).

I am having difficulty explaining myself. I hope somebody can follow.
Laurence

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
broro183

Hi Laurence,

Check out this page on John Walkenbach's site:
http://www.j-walk.com/ss/pup/pup6/features.htm
& search for "unapply names:". I haven't tried actually it but the
trial version promises to do what you want.

Hth,
Rob Brockett
NZ
Always learning & the best way to learn is to experience...

broro183's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30068
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=517185