Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
John

Default Print range names and how know if have too many?

Is there any way to print our or export the names of all the named ranges I
have?

Is there any way to tell if I'm getting close to running out of room for
more named range definitions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Norman Jones

Hi John,

Is there any way to tell if I'm getting close to running out of room for
more named range definitions?

The number of names is limited only by available memory.

Is there any way to print our or export the names of all the named
ranges I have?

Try:
'=============
Public Sub Tester()
Dim NME As Name
Dim i As Long

With ActiveWorkbook
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
On Error Resume Next
.Sheets("Names Report").Delete
On Error GoTo 0
Application.DisplayAlerts = True

.Sheets.Add after:=.Sheets(.Sheets.Count)
End With

With ActiveSheet
.Name = "Names Report"

For Each NME In ActiveWorkbook.Names
.Cells(i + 1, "A").Value = NME.Name
.Cells(i + 1, "B").Value = "'" & NME.RefersTo
i = i + 1
Next NME

.Columns("A:B").AutoFit
.PrintOut

End With
End Sub
'<<=============

If you are not familiar with macros, you may wish to visit David McRitchie's
'Getting Started With Macros And User Defined Functions' at:

If you work with names, I would suggest that you to download Jan Karel
Pieterse's invaluable Name Manager addin. It is downloadable, free of
charge, at:

http://www.jkp-ads.com/Download.htm

---
Regards,
Norman

"John" wrote in message
Is there any way to print our or export the names of all the named ranges
have?

Is there any way to tell if I'm getting close to running out of room for
more named range definitions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben

John

InsertNamesPastePaste List.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 17:51:02 -0800, "John"
wrote:

Is there any way to print our or export the names of all the named ranges I
have?

Is there any way to tell if I'm getting close to running out of room for
more named range definitions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Norman Jones

Hi Gord,

InsertNamesPastePaste List.

A good suggestion but subject, I think, to the possible drawback that it
will not list sheet level (local) names relating to the non-active sheet.

---