Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike

Default Conditional Format Formula

Hey, can anybody help me with this possible formula?

I basically want my rows to alternate colors, but only alternate if there is
something in the row... so,

if row contains something, then mod(row(),2).

How could I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike

Wow, it works perfectly! Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

You sound surprised <vbg

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Mike" wrote in message
Wow, it works perfectly! Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have spreadsheet set up in Microsoft Exel 2003. I am using it to keep track
of Pump Pm's. I have colums off to the right where I enter Employee's
initials to show that they completed the PM. I have 4 crews and need to
formulate the cells to assign a specific color for each crew, not each
individual. How do I get it to recognize each set of initials assigned to
each crew?

"Mike" wrote:

Hey, can anybody help me with this possible formula?

I basically want my rows to alternate colors, but only alternate if there is
something in the row... so,

if row contains something, then mod(row(),2).

How could I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You will probably need to use VLOOKUP with a table of initials belonging to each
crew.

Maybe a table on another sheet?

INITS CREW
AB Crew1
CD Crew1
EF Crew1
GH Crew2
IJ Crew2
KL Crew2

The use Conditional formatting to color the cells.

You can have 4 conditions in XL2003.

Default and 3 CF

Assign a color to each of 3 crews of initials and no color to the 4th set.

BTW................always best to start your own posting rather than tacking on
to someone else's

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP