Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Joy

Default excel won't open

I have installed Microsoft Office 2003. I can open a new doc and create a doc
then save to my documents, but when I try to reopen the document I get and
error mesage tha says "the file can not be opened because your virus scanner
has detected a problem" I have McAfee for my computer. I have worked with
them to day with an uninstall and cleanup and that still did not solve the
problem. I even unistalled office 2003 and did a new install.
does any one have any ideas.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

I don't use McAfee, but can you turn off your antivirus software (even
temporarily to test).

Maybe someone will chime with instructions to change that setting in McAfee.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Joy

I did that and it still will not let me open.I created a document when I had
MacAfee unistalled. Ihad not virus program at all. I still could not open the
file. The same error message came up.

"Joy" wrote:

I have installed Microsoft Office 2003. I can open a new doc and create a doc
then save to my documents, but when I try to reopen the document I get and
error mesage tha says "the file can not be opened because your virus scanner
has detected a problem" I have McAfee for my computer. I have worked with
them to day with an uninstall and cleanup and that still did not solve the
problem. I even unistalled office 2003 and did a new install.
does any one have any ideas.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

I've never seen that error message.

Maybe someone will jump in with the answer.