Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Khoshravan

Default shortcut for x^2 (power)

I use x^2 (power). I want to put the icon for this command in my tool ar. I
checked view/tools/format/format cell but could not find the icon for this
command. Where can find this icon and bring to tool bar?
Your comment is highly appreciated.
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Khoshravan

It doesn't work in my computer. Even if it worked, it is not a wiseway. I
want to bring the shortcut icon to toolrbar so that only by one click I can
do this. Alt 0178 needs 4 charcter input and is long
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer

"Wayne" wrote:

Have you tried "ALT+0178" ?

"Khoshravan" wrote:

I use x^2 (power). I want to put the icon for this command in my tool ar. I
checked view/tools/format/format cell but could not find the icon for this
command. Where can find this icon and bring to tool bar?
Your comment is highly appreciated.
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer
Osaka, Japan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
NAVEEN

Create a macro as follows in an Excel file in "XLStart" folder

=========================
Sub InsertSquare()
Application.SendKeys ("²")
End Sub
=========================

Assign the above macro to a Button using "View-Tool Bars- Customize"
Assign a keyboard short (whatever you wish) to it using "Rearrange commands".

Regards
NAVEEN

"Khoshravan" wrote:

It doesn't work in my computer. Even if it worked, it is not a wiseway. I
want to bring the shortcut icon to toolrbar so that only by one click I can
do this. Alt 0178 needs 4 charcter input and is long
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer
Osaka, Japan

"Wayne" wrote:

Have you tried "ALT+0178" ?

"Khoshravan" wrote:

I use x^2 (power). I want to put the icon for this command in my tool ar. I
checked view/tools/format/format cell but could not find the icon for this
command. Where can find this icon and bring to tool bar?
Your comment is highly appreciated.
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer
Osaka, Japan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Khoshravan

Dear Naveen
Thanks for your reply.
I think Microsoft has already wrote this Macro and it is somewhere inside
the View command my problem is that I just can't find it. I am not familiar
with Macro and it is hard for to write it. I prefer to find where is that
icon. In my previous computers I had it and with this new computer in new
work palce I cant find it.
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer

"Khoshravan" wrote:

It doesn't work in my computer. Even if it worked, it is not a wiseway. I
want to bring the shortcut icon to toolrbar so that only by one click I can
do this. Alt 0178 needs 4 charcter input and is long
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer
Osaka, Japan

"Wayne" wrote:

Have you tried "ALT+0178" ?

"Khoshravan" wrote:

I use x^2 (power). I want to put the icon for this command in my tool ar. I
checked view/tools/format/format cell but could not find the icon for this
command. Where can find this icon and bring to tool bar?
Your comment is highly appreciated.
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer
Osaka, Japan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mphell0

What's wrong with Shift+6?

--
mphell0
mphell0's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30153

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Khoshravan

Shift 6 doesn't work. Even Shift F6 doesn'twork.
I just found out that I have used this icon in Word, not in Excel. In word
if you go to View/toolbars/user setting/command/ and choose format then you
will see two icons one power and the other for index. I wonder why these
icons are not available in Excel?
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer

"Khoshravan" wrote:

I use x^2 (power). I want to put the icon for this command in my tool ar. I
checked view/tools/format/format cell but could not find the icon for this
command. Where can find this icon and bring to tool bar?
Your comment is highly appreciated.
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer
Osaka, Japan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dana DeLouis

Not sure I understand, but the "^" (Exponentiation Sign) can be added to
the toolbar by customizing the toolbar....
Select "Commands" Tab
Select the "Insert" Categories
"^" is about half way down the list (Excel 2003)

--
HTH. :)
Dana DeLouis

"Khoshravan" wrote:

I use x^2 (power). I want to put the icon for this command in my tool ar.
checked view/tools/format/format cell but could not find the icon for
this
command. Where can find this icon and bring to tool bar?
Your comment is highly appreciated.
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer
Osaka, Japan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mphell0

You can either go to Insert-Symbol and select the ^, but you would
have
to do this everytime you wanted the symbol.

To put a button in your toolbar go to View-Toolbars-Customize. Under
categories select "Insert". Under commands scroll down until you see
the ^.
Select it and drag it to somewhere on your toolbar and it will insert a
button.

What do you mean Shift+6 didn't work? Did it put in nothing or just
another symbol? Make sure you are using the numbers above the keyboard
for this.

--
mphell0
mphell0's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30153
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=515589

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Khoshravan

Thanks for comments. I think I fall short in expressing what do I want to do.
I want to write 25 (2 to power of 5). 5 should be placed in power position,
which means should be super indexed (I am not sure about this expression, but
I mean 5 should be in a higher position). I know that I can go to
tools/cell/format cell and do this, but it is time consuming esp if I want to
do it for many times. In word, there is an icon which shows x2 (where 2 is
placed in a higher position. means that x to power of 2) and by selecting 2
and clicking the icon it do everything. I don't know why excel doesn't
provide this icon? How can make it myself?
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer