Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Khoshravan

Default shortcut for x^2 (power)

Dear Naveen
Thanks for your reply.
I think Microsoft has already wrote this Macro and it is somewhere inside
the View command my problem is that I just can't find it. I am not familiar
with Macro and it is hard for to write it. I prefer to find where is that
icon. In my previous computers I had it and with this new computer in new
work palce I cant find it.
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer

"NAVEEN" wrote:

Create a macro as follows in an Excel file in "XLStart" folder

=========================
Sub InsertSquare()
Application.SendKeys ("²")
End Sub
=========================

Assign the above macro to a Button using "View-Tool Bars- Customize"
Assign a keyboard short (whatever you wish) to it using "Rearrange commands".

Regards
NAVEEN

"Khoshravan" wrote:

It doesn't work in my computer. Even if it worked, it is not a wiseway. I
want to bring the shortcut icon to toolrbar so that only by one click I can
do this. Alt 0178 needs 4 charcter input and is long
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer

"Wayne" wrote:

Have you tried "ALT+0178" ?

"Khoshravan" wrote:

I use x^2 (power). I want to put the icon for this command in my tool ar. I
checked view/tools/format/format cell but could not find the icon for this
command. Where can find this icon and bring to tool bar?
Your comment is highly appreciated.
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer