Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tushar Mehta

Default shortcut for x^2 (power)

In article ,
says...
Thanks for comments. I think I fall short in expressing what do I want to do.
I want to write 25 (2 to power of 5). 5 should be placed in power position,
which means should be super indexed (I am not sure about this expression, but
I mean 5 should be in a higher position). I know that I can go to
tools/cell/format cell and do this, but it is time consuming esp if I want to
do it for many times. In word, there is an icon which shows x2 (where 2 is
placed in a higher position. means that x to power of 2) and by selecting 2
and clicking the icon it do everything. I don't know why excel doesn't
provide this icon? How can make it myself?

See John Walkenbach's SuperSub add-in at
http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/supersub.htm

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions