Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CBrausa

Default Pulling info from a master over to other worksheets.

I have 188 stores, with 18 different possibilities. ie: store # 1,
Western, Fabric, L&G Zone 1, L&G Zone 1A.

If I have the master with all of the columns checked (coded) for each
store, how can I pull the stores that meet certain cirteria over to a
new worksheet?

What I know about Excel is very little. I have tried reading the book
and looking in the forum for help but can't come up with a solution.

I have worked mostly with VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, and IF formulas. Beyond
that I'm lost.

--
CBrausa
CBrausa's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24677

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete_UK

You can set up filters to select the stores which meet certain
criteria. Then you can highlight the visible rows and copy them to
another sheet.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron de Bruin

Hi CBrausa

You can find a code example here
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"CBrausa" wrote in message

I have 188 stores, with 18 different possibilities. ie: store # 1,
Western, Fabric, L&G Zone 1, L&G Zone 1A.

If I have the master with all of the columns checked (coded) for each
store, how can I pull the stores that meet certain cirteria over to a
new worksheet?

What I know about Excel is very little. I have tried reading the book
and looking in the forum for help but can't come up with a solution.

I have worked mostly with VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, and IF formulas. Beyond
that I'm lost.

--
CBrausa
CBrausa's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24677
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=514548

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CBrausa

Ron-Am I going to use VBA for this?
Each store could have 1, 2, 5 or more special codes that would qualify
them for a special list (worksheet).
If I use the section, you refered me to, to
_Create_a_new_workbook_for_all_Unique_values__ do I just do the advance
filter? or do I have to do everything in your tip?
I have had no training in Excel. What I know I've figured out pretty
much on my own. Your patience and guidance appreciated.

--
CBrausa
CBrausa's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24677
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=514548

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron de Bruin

Hi CBrausa

The code is doing everything for you
You can send me your test workbook if you want and I will add the code for you
On which column do you want to filter ?

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"CBrausa" wrote in message

Ron-Am I going to use VBA for this?
Each store could have 1, 2, 5 or more special codes that would qualify
them for a special list (worksheet).
If I use the section, you refered me to, to
_Create_a_new_workbook_for_all_Unique_values__ do I just do the advance
filter? or do I have to do everything in your tip?
I have had no training in Excel. What I know I've figured out pretty
much on my own. Your patience and guidance appreciated.

--
CBrausa
CBrausa's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24677
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=514548

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CBrausa

Ron-
I can't zip the file. Program not on my machine. Will attach file in
the A.M.
thanks for your help.

--
CBrausa
CBrausa's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24677
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=514548

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CBrausa

Ron-
Please find attached the file I am working with.
Cathy

|Filename: Excel Problem1.zip |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4389 |

CBrausa
CBrausa's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24677
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=514548

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron de Bruin

I can't see this file because I am not on Excelforum.com
Send me the file private (mail address on my site)

If it is to big then delete some rows and send that version
And tell me on which column you want to filter

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl