Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don117

Default Compare & Merge Workbooks

I would like to use this feature; but, it is greyed out on my toolbar. How do
I activate or turn this feature on?

I am using XP Pro and Excel 2002

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kim

Did anyone answer this for you? I'm having the same issue and just posted a
question about it. I want to compare two worksheets like you can with two
Word Documents but it's greyed out for me.

"Don117" wrote:

I would like to use this feature; but, it is greyed out on my toolbar. How do
I activate or turn this feature on?

I am using XP Pro and Excel 2002

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
John James

I assume it is greyed out because you don't have a shared workbook open
with changes you wish to merge.

If you do a search for your heading in Excel help, this gives more
detail.

I suspect you've got a different need.

--
John James
John James's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32690

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kim

I actually figured it out. It's an add-on. You have to pay for it.
Imagine. I'm furious that it's not included with Excel. Go to the following
to see what I'm talking about. Thanks for responding to me though.

http://www.4tops.com/compare_excel_files.htm

"John James" wrote:

I assume it is greyed out because you don't have a shared workbook open
with changes you wish to merge.

If you do a search for your heading in Excel help, this gives more
detail.

I suspect you've got a different need.

--
John James
John James's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32690
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=513995

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don117

You have found a solution but it doesn't make sense that Microsoft would
include a command on the menu that requires a commercial add-on.

Your message is the only response I have received on this question.