Lost in Excel

Default compare and merge workbooks

I am trying to use the "compare and merge workbooks" function in Excel. But,
I keep getting the message: "Workbooks to be merged must be copies of the
same shared workbook, and must maintain the change history for a sufficient
amount of time"

Can anyone please help?
tjtjjtjt

Are the Workbooks copies of the same shared workbook? If not, it's just not
going to happen.
You can, in the future, create the Shared Workbook, by going to Tools |
Protection | Protect and Share Wrorkbook.
NOte that some functionality is lost in Shared Workbooks. You may want ot
peruse the Help topics on Shared Workbooks before implementing this feature.

If you really need to compare the workbooks you have right now, then there
are comapre add-ins that might help, but they do not function the same way as
Excel's built-in feature.
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/download.htm

tj