Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
phaseinverter

Default Does emailing internally break linked data?

One of my users found that links pointing to a shared F: drive are lost when
a document is emailed within the department, even though all the machines
have this same drive mapped. Excel defaults to look for the links in the C:
drive and then continues along the rest of the path of the network drive
which of course doesn't work.

The user says that in the past this worked, but as far as I can tell linked
data doesn't come through when a spreadsheet is emailed, even if you have the
same shared drive. I've tested this on Win2k and XP and the behavior is the
same. Can someone confirm this? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
paul

In my experience you are right.You might have to teach the user to re
establish the links or write a little macro to do it
--
paul
remove nospam for email addy!