Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
michael

Default excell feezes

when i use excell and try to cut and paste items of formulars the whole thing
locks up . i have re installed it but does not help . ?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gizmo63

It may only be an appearance of locking up - how long are you waiting?
Remember, if you are copying a lot of cells with complex formula the system
has to recalculate all the references especially if there are links to other
files.

Set auto calc to manual - then it won't try to work out the answers as it
goes.
Linked files? - have them open in the background. Then it won't have to
recheck the links through your server as it goes.
Work in small chunks.
Be patient - I've had some copy/pastes that take 3-5 mins or more to complete.

hth

Giz