Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Harvey

Default create total from 4 seperate worksheets

I have a file that contains up to 5 sheets, I need to total a cell from each
sheet and enter into a colomn on last sheet. What formula do I use? Is this
possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kevin B

You just have to reference the sheet and the cell in the sheet. See sample
formula below:

=Sheet1!A1+Sheet2!A1+Sheet3!B1+Sheet4!A1
--
Kevin Backmann

"Harvey" wrote:

I have a file that contains up to 5 sheets, I need to total a cell from each
sheet and enter into a colomn on last sheet. What formula do I use? Is this
possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Are your totals always in the same cells in each worksheet. I like to put my
totals in Row 1--so I know where they are.

And then...

I'd create two new worksheets--one to the far right and one to the far left.

Call them Start and End

Then using a sheet (Summary) that is outside this "sandwich" of worksheets:

=Sum(start:end!A1)

Then you can drag sheets in and out of that sandwich to play what if games.

I'd put a couple of notes on each of these sheets:

"don't delete this sheet!"

And protect the worksheets so that people don't use it for real data.