Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rose

Default .xlb

What is it about excel that makes the .xlb so easily corruptable? Is it a
problem with excel or an outside source? One of the accounting software
packages causes us to have to delete the .xlb file more within the last month
than I have ever had to since I started using excel I don't know how many
years ago. It also happens with word a lot too.

Thanks so much.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gary''s Student

I had a similar problem that was traced to opening and operating workbooks
that tried to "help" me by adjusting my setting, preferences, etc.

I made a copy of my "good".xlb file and whenever my settings got degraded, I
just replaced the current .xlb with my known good one.
--
Gary''s Student

"Rose" wrote:

What is it about excel that makes the .xlb so easily corruptable? Is it a
problem with excel or an outside source? One of the accounting software
packages causes us to have to delete the .xlb file more within the last month
than I have ever had to since I started using excel I don't know how many
years ago. It also happens with word a lot too.

Thanks so much.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Doug Kanter

"Rose" wrote in message
What is it about excel that makes the .xlb so easily corruptable? Is it a
problem with excel or an outside source? One of the accounting software
packages causes us to have to delete the .xlb file more within the last
month
than I have ever had to since I started using excel I don't know how many
years ago. It also happens with word a lot too.

Thanks so much.

I've never had it happen in almost 18 years of using Excel. Which accounting
software package are you using?